DeRay wanted to go to a dentist who was on our
insurance for cleaning and x-rays. We have been going to Dr. Rigby for 20
years. I didn't want to change. DeRay & Eddy went to the new dentist. I just
didn’t go to a dentist for two or three years. Between Christmas and New Year's,
I relented and got my teeth cleaned and x-rayed. One cavity under a gold crown. DeRay
had two cavities. Ed had none – in nearly 45 years.
“I don’t know if I can go to a dentist who wears
Levi’s,” I whine on our way home. “He’s not a kid. He should wear slacks.” I’m
not against Levi’s. I love them on the range, the farm, and casual get-togethers.
I love them all the time for sheep and cattlemen. I grew up with Levi’s.
You'd think he might wear a lab coat to compensate. No. He donned a faded red, white, and blue polo shirt.
Today we went in, me reluctantly, still not trusting a dentist who wears Levi’s and a polo shirt to work on my teeth. Also, dreading the needles in my gums.
You'd think he might wear a lab coat to compensate. No. He donned a faded red, white, and blue polo shirt.
Today we went in, me reluctantly, still not trusting a dentist who wears Levi’s and a polo shirt to work on my teeth. Also, dreading the needles in my gums.
He didn’t numb.
He drilled and picked and drilled. It was bigger
than he anticipated but it didn’t hurt one iota; not then; not later.
DeRay had both his cavities without numbing.
Instead of $600, it was $300 for the two of us.
No pain. No going home with Lortab or OxyContin.
No pain. No going home with Lortab or OxyContin.
He can wear Levi’s all he wants.
My
new mid-age dentist wears Levi’s.
Is
he just a cowboy in disguise?
Please
don’t make me go.
Don’t
care about dough.
Wait!
Great! He didn’t anesthetize!
3 comments:
a good dentist is hard to find! so Levi's or not, YA you found one!!
hj, Hey, I'm a little slow on this one, but here is my belated reflection on it.ld
Deep Doubts About Denim Dentist Dudes
DeLoy H. Esplin 1-14-18
I thought I’d not like him.
I’ll go once -- can’t do harm.
He wore for slacks denim
More suited for the farm.
His techniques were modern,
Painless, and without drugs
His charges were right on.
Give denim dentists hugs.
YOU win! Love it.
Post a Comment