Around 2 on a
Saturday afternoon (June 16), Amy asked if I wanted to go to Snowbird with her
for the night. I sort of wanted to go and sort of didn’t. I hated to pass up the
opportunity but I hated to leave Eddy and DeRay and I didn’t want to get ready.
I don’t know if DeRay suggested it to her or not. I added a few things to my
gym bag and we were off in an hour or so. She stopped at Smiths and shopped for
a couple of hours. I sat in the only chair. About then I was sorry I came. She
spent $150 and got everything she wanted. She spares no expense unlike her dad, who only shops bargains.
We got to the Cliff
Lodge around 6. We made sandwiches and were up to the pool by 7, thinking it
closed at 8. On Fridays and Saturdays it stays open until 10 so all our rushing
for nothing.
Amy called
housekeeping for everything that was missing in our unit and some things that
weren’t. It’s hard to communicate when they don’t speak English. We wanted paper towels. While she was gone
parking the car and getting ice, they called twice on that. “Towels? For the
toilet?” “No. Towels for the kitchen.” It was Sunday before she got everything
she needed, like a dish drainer and scrubber. It simply wasn’t furnished. It’s
the bedroom unit so she planned to cook most things in the crockpot. In fact,
she made an omelet and cooked it all night.
It’s such a great
relief to have her do all the cooking and cleaning up while I sit on the couch
with a veiled smile. I know she expected me to wash my own dish, but I just
stood up and put in her dishpan. How many years have I not only
washed but picked up her dishes from all over the house? Sweet revenge. We
tried two or three movies but found them too dark or too dumb so finally around
11, we went to bed. I’m already glad I came. It’s so beautiful and pure and restorative
up here.
Next morning, Father’s
Day, we went to a mountain yoga class, then stayed up to the spa to swim. It’s
cloudy and sunny in just the right increments. When it starts to get a little
cool, the sun comes out. When it starts to get a little hot, the clouds come
out. I relish every moment.
After our walk trying to coax the pica out, DeRay & Ed came
around 2, with Father’s Day lunch. Amy found a big table for us. They brought
rotisserie chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, and sweet rolls. It all tasted so
good. Why do we cook? Why don’t we do this more often?
As it turned out, her
friend went home early so she invited me back up. We couldn’t make it until
Friday, but I enjoyed one more day of being pampered. Ah sweet revenge!









1 comment:
GREAT PHOTOS, AND COMMENTS
Post a Comment