Amy wrote it best on Facebook:
Prom
goers backed their truck into Eddy on trike. No broken bones.
The next day, the neighbor kid came over to
check on Ed, bring him some ice cream, apologize.
Kid: "I'm sorry, We're going to fix
your bike."
Ed as a threat, passing through on his way
to dinner: "You better."
Then Ed still on the move: "I forgive
you."
Then talking to himself as he walks into
the kitchen, "I forgive him, but he's a bad driver. He's a bad driver."
He
can sure tell it like it is, when he wants to...he was pretty quick on the
forgiveness after coming home fighting mad at "the idiots that backed into
him, knocked him over stuck in the pedals" scary and the trike is afterall
his one speck of independence...(End of Amy's Post.)
As
Amy is busy in the kitchen making Sunday dinner, she jokes: “Now that Ed is
laid up, we’re going to have to have the Ward bring meals in. Since Ed prepares
all our meals, does all the dishes, mops and vacuums all the floor, makes the
beds, does all the laundry, we’re in big trouble with him injured.”
“Yes,”
I add, “and we need to have them bring meals in to the cats too. Not just any
old cat food. We’ll have to tell them where to order it from. Our cats eat
special food.”
More Edisms:
"I guess I’m going to have to break down
and do the vacuuming,” I proclaim.
“Not you,” Ed lets me know, “You’re in bad
condition.”
“I think I’m about ready to start riding my
trike,” I say to Ed. “FAT CHANCE,” he proclaims.
Coming down to breakfast on a Sunday
morning and seeing that his juice was ready, he scolds: “I was going to make my juice.
It’s my job; not yours.”
I was trying to show him how to pull each
layer up separately when making his bed: “First the sheet, then the blanket,
then the comforter,” I explain as I demonstrate. “You do it your way and I’ll
do it mine,” he tells me emphatically. Brent had already taught him how to make
his bed and he needed no further instructions.
DeRay
and I were talking about whether to plant a garden this year. Ed chimes in: “Mother Nature will provide.”
“Of
all the people I know, who is dumb enough to plant a garden?” DeRay asks.
“We
are,” Ed confirms.


1 comment:
I am so glad Ed is ok! I love hearing about him and I miss the days when I got to hang out him and all of you! I love you and your family, Jeanette! I love your mother day poem and YOU are one of my heroines despite my lack of writing! ❤️
Post a Comment