YES!
I’ve
been wearing my new hearing aid for 3½ hours
and
it is truly Christmas in September.
I
connect it to my iPod and don’t have to have earphones in my ears.
I
will have stereophonic sound on the TV and cell phone.
(Too
bad no one ever calls me.)
I
can hear DeRay sitting on my right.
In
fact, I had to turn the sound down.
Amazing.
After
nearly 10 years.
If
I had gone in last summer when I first heard about SoundBite,
I
would have been disgruntled.
This
transmitter is new this year.
That
in itself is a miracle.
I
say “hearing aid” instead of “hearing aids”
because
I only have one hearing aid and
one
transmitter.
I
think my brain is busy reorganizing everything.
It
had adjusted to single-sided hearing.
I
feel a little confused.
Settle
down brain.
This
is a good thing.
Believe
me.
5 comments:
I am so happy that it worked so well for you!!!
When I first got eye glasses, I was in high school. It was such a remarkable change that they were the first thing I put on in the morning, and the last thing I took off at night. No one had to coach me to wear them. Apparently that is so with you and your hearing aid. Great!
Hey, I meant coax, but I guess coach ia goot too.
Hey, I meant good, but I guess goot is good too.
DeLoy: Coach is a good word for hearing aids. I had an hour of coaching and I think I should have brought the coach home with me. It's more the Phonak TV Link that baffles me. You have to be a bit dexterous to handle those tiny batteries that have to be changed about every three days, right? I told him that since I don't talk to anyone all day, maybe I'll just put them in when I go somewhere. "Look, you paid for them - wear them!" Plus, I do think its a bit of an adjustment for the brain with the Cros thingamajig. Melissa, I always appreciate your comments. You're my personal cheerleader.
Post a Comment