Friday, January 27, 2017

Lost and Found

Small miracles;
Small things.
Easily lost.
Snagged onto something?
Thrown out with newspaper?
Drats.
$3,000.
I didn’t turn on the light
When I put them in the cabinet
I promised myself I would always put them in
No matter what.
I hadn’t worn them that evening because the
batteries were dead.
The batteries are always dead.
I used DeRay’s TV ears.
I set them on the arm of the couch next to me
and take them to the desk when I leave for bed.
A few days later,
When I went to get them,
Only one was there.
Where is the other one?
I take everything out of the shelves;
I search the desk in case it had fallen;
I look through the drawers.
I get down on the floor and feel underneath.
I go to the couch and search around and under.
I search the pockets of my pants and jacket
In case they had snagged on my iPod ear buds.
I search my purse.
I bring the garbage can in and dump everything out.
Drats.
One last time, I get down on the floor to look under the couch.
DeRay hands me a flashlight and lifts the couch.
Relief.
Elation!
Joy!
Even though I hate them.
Hearing Aids are too small, too quiet, too expensive.
Can’t they light up or ring or talk?
Small miracles;
Small things.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so HAPPY you found them!!!!!