This is our old hood.
Hardly a match for our brand-new stove.
It never entered my mind that you could buy a new hood.
I thought it came with the house and we'd have to completely
redo the kitchen.
New ones only cost around $100.
Gross.
Yaw. We've been living with that for 30 years.
This is our old glass-top stove.
Not a thing wrong with it.
It's the first stove we've ever discarded that all the burners worked.
They told us when we bought it that it wasn't good for canning.
We messed the flat top up early on.
RCWilley's delivers the new gas stove.
Goodbye old friend.
A hitch?
Of course.
They couldn't install the new stove,
because the gas line had been taken out
and the electricity was directly wired.
So it sat on our front porch
for a week or two
while Brooke and DeRay put in gas and
a plug for the electricity.
RC Willey's comes again.
And we have a new gas stove.
Hood? DeRay.
Hood.
By now, I know they are available.
Eventually, he buys a hood for $134 from Home Depot.
For the second day in a row,
I hold the hood up with my head
while he puts the screws in.
(First day, 1/2 hour. Yes.)
He has thought about it all night
and figured out a solution.
I was on call while DeRay attempted
to install the hood in the afternoon.
I held it up with my head while
he drilled and tried to mount it.
When it was up, I ran upstairs to get my camera.
When I got back down,
the “installed” hood was on the floor
and DeRay was gone.
Ed wouldn’t tell me what happened.
Our phones were out so I couldn’t call DeRay.
Finally Amy and K’Leena came up
and said that while he was trying to put the screws in sideways
so they wouldn’t poke up in the cabinet,
it fell on his head.
So now we both have brain damage.
I was on call while DeRay attempted
to install the hood in the afternoon.
I held it up with my head while
he drilled and tried to mount it.
When it was up, I ran upstairs to get my camera.
When I got back down,
the “installed” hood was on the floor
and DeRay was gone.
Ed wouldn’t tell me what happened.
Our phones were out so I couldn’t call DeRay.
Finally Amy and K’Leena came up
and said that while he was trying to put the screws in sideways
so they wouldn’t poke up in the cabinet,
it fell on his head.
So now we both have brain damage.
And this, my friends, is what "under the hood"
4 comments:
hj, Hey, did the titles get mixed up. This blog is about stoves, not sump pumps. ld
I am so jealous of your gas stove!!!! And congrats on getting every thing in!
Well, DeLoy, I thought you'd be feeling very sorry for us only getting boring sump pumps for Christmas, so as a post-Christmas gift, we added an exciting gas stove and even more exciting hood.
Yes, Melissa, the second time DeRay installed the hood, it was much easier. Practice makes perfect.
I missed the words "more than". Now I understand.
Post a Comment