The Goal
was to get back to normal activity.
I ride my adult recumbent trike
again;
not as often or as far or as long or as fast
but I ride it.
I swim three days a week
not as far or as long or as fast
but I swim.
I do stretches every morning.
I do the laundry, some dishes,
Am I back to normal activity?
OK, so I've been selective.
I don't do yard work or shovel snow.
I do limited housework.
I cannot get cooking back on the agenda.
I worry that I'm becoming a spoilt brat.
Selfish.
Yet I need some perks,
wouldn't you say?
I hasten to make the goal a reality
while I can
because even I know
it won't last.
Not only because of the cancer
throughout my body,
but also because of my advanced age.
At least, I thought it was advanced
until we helped Sylvia
celebrate her 99th birthday.
Not only because of the cancer
throughout my body,
but also because of my advanced age.
At least, I thought it was advanced
until we helped Sylvia
celebrate her 99th birthday.
| Jeanette 83 October 3 - Sylvia 99 October 9 |
No comments:
Post a Comment