About three weeks ago
I gradually got the feeling
that I was becoming myself again.
I was sensing normalcy for the first time
since January 2, when the malignant tumor
was found in my uterus,
nothing but bad news from there.
It was like I was living in a blurry dark shadow;
or this was happening to someone else.
I was just observing.
Then I awakened.
I liked being myself.
It felt right.
“Who were you before?”
“I don’t know.
I just know it wasn’t me.”
I made little goals each day
“Who were you before?”
“I don’t know.
I just know it wasn’t me.”
I made little goals each day
like cleaning the fridge a few shelves
at a time.
It’s been a week since I cleaned the rest of the fridge.
All I had left to do was the door.
What happened to my awakening?
I loved it so.
No comments:
Post a Comment