Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Iron Blosam Lodge at Snowbird 2019

I accidentally discovered the amazing diet,
the world has been waiting for.
First, you go to a high altitude –
at least 9,000 feet -
so you feel a little woozy.
Then you stay in a bedroom unit by yourself.
Sure, you have a little microwave
and a small fridge.
The only thing in the fridge
Is a clump of fresh ginger.
Rootbeer-flavored hard candy
Is the only other food in the unit.
When you are hungry,
after stretches and a swim,
you go up to 1127,
where DeRay & Eddy are squatting.
They have a full kitchen with
food in the fridge.
That’s it!
The simple diet.
Two nutritious meals a day.
No snacking.
~~~~~~~~~~
To tell the truth,
I didn’t lose any weight in all week,
but I thought I would.

While we’re on the subject of food,
how do you haul two full carts of stuff
to your unit,
Three of you eat all week,
do not eat out once,
do not buy anything,
yet come home with
two full carts of stuff?
The car still loaded to the hilt!

The view from my balcony.

We’ve had Week 38 at Iron Blosam Lodge
for around 32 years now.
I have hiked all over those hills,
either alone, with Amy, on the Handicap Trail with Eddy,
or the guided hikes.
I feel sad when I look up and see all the trails
I have been on
And now need a cane to get to the parking lot.
I’m not alone.
Many have died, of course,
Most are gray-haired and crippled some way.
Iron Blosam has turned into an Old Folks Home.
The sign by all the elevators says it best:
Courtesies Please
(I didn’t know “courtesies” was a word.
I thought courtesy covered all situations.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our elevators are busy and are not toys.
Please do not play in or around them
They are old, fragile, and expensive to repair.
 (Or they talking about elevators or us?),
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please be quiet and respectful of the neighboring rooms,
and in the hallways.
WALK, don’t run.
Please no bikes, scooters, or other recreational activities
In the hallways.
(I wish.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please respect our evening quiet time
In your rooms and other public areas.
(Pretty sure that would be 6 pM on.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please take a moment to remind all your guests
Of Iron Blosam House Rules, Pool and Safety Procedures.
(Can’t Guests read?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like the warm sun;
A cool breeze
Snow covered mountain tops.
Autumn leaves,
Evergreens.
Colorful flowers planted
In rusty ore cars.*


Birds flittering around.
Fresh air,
Cool water.
Nature’s Healing Hospital.
*It hasn’t frozen yet this year.


Green Quakie leaves the last of September.


Some of the leaves were just starting to turn RED, DeLoy

Ed was supposed to make his own bed.

DeRay in his natural habitat. We went home a day early because he finished all seven seasons of West Wing.
On Sunday, we walked up to the Snowbird Center to enjoy the Oktoberfest for an hour or so.

Ed & I walked across the parking lot to the stream several days.

3 comments:

desplingca said...

hj, I noticed one smalltypo. On the photo of the tree leaves turning, you said RED but obviously meant YELLOW. ld

desplingca said...

I MEANT small typo

JJ said...

Ha! You had me worried for a minute.