| All dressed up for formal night. |
As much as I dreaded coming, I’m really having a good time.
I get my world all narrowed down and then I’m forced to expand.
It’s exhilarating.
I find myself enjoying the luxury;
the good abundant food and entertainment,
the classes, fitness – sometimes
there is so much to do
| "Erase it!" Ed commands. In stateroom. |
I get confused so I ended up doing nothing.
Just right.
I like having someone pickup, cleanup, make my bed, do my laundry; spoil me.
I’m beginning to dread getting home to responsibility.
| Riding Free & Compulsory Shuttle to town. |
Mazatlan today! We sauntered off the ship around 10:30.
We got whisked into a van that already had
six Mormons from Arizona in it.
We had to climb clear into the back.
It was only $10 each and the Mormons were very nice.
At least we didn’t waste our time stopping for drinks.
But we didn’t see or hear much.
Mazatlan was settled in 1531 by the Spaniards.
Before the Spanish, native Indians called the Totorames settled the area.
| Our cruise ship is larger than the whole city! |
They were hunters and fisherman, and adept at making clay vases and figures.
Next, the conquistador Francisco de Ibarra
discovered gold and silver in the hills above Mazatlan.
In 1603, pirates began dominating the waters around Mazatlan. After numerous wars, it became the home of one of the largest tuna and shrimp fishing fleets in the world. With the opening of new high-end hotels and restaurants, Mazatlan is quickly becoming a world-class tourist resort.
I know when Lana and I were here over 20 years ago,
| Mazatlan |
President Reagan met with the Mexican President Fox (as I remember it)
in a hotel just up from us. I think it was the El Cid.
| One second too soon! DANG. |
I was looking for a chain for Nan to go with the pendant Lana made for her birthday so our driver did take us to Michael’s.
I bought three chains and a necklace for Amy
that she actually likes and wears.
I wish we had bought one for Jan.
Jonathan ended up spending
a lot of time and more money
| Mazatlan's Famous Cathedral |
for her pendant (in Cabo).
Driving down, we stopped at Wal*Mart and Grandpa
Bought Jonathan a watch for $15.
He needed to know what time it was so he could check
In and we could keep in touch.
After touring Mazatlan,
We make made arrangements for Jonathan
to hang out with Ed while we went to a class.
Jonathan never showed up.
When he finally came to the room,
I mentioned that he had missed his appointment.
“I lost track of time,” he explained.
I looked at his wrist for the first time.
“Did you lose your watch?”
“I took it off when I went swimming
and when I got my clothes, it was gone.”
“Didn’t Grandpa tell you not to take it off?
It’s good for 40 meters under water.”
He reported it to the purser’s office,
Never checking back to see if they found it.
A couple of days later, I happened to be passing the purser’s desk
So I asked about Jonathan’s watch.
| Jonathan recovering his lost watch from the purser. |
“What kind is it?”
“I don’t know.”
He found a watch
and noted one has been reported lost
But he wouldn’t give it to me because it wasn’t mine.
Jonathan happened to be in the room,
So he went back and claimed his watch.
“I’m not going to take if off
for the rest of my life,”
he said happily as he strapped it on his wrist.
“Well, at least for the life of the watch,”
we counseled.
No comments:
Post a Comment