Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THE ULTIMATE CLOTH

I brag the Ultimate Cloth
transformed my life.
We gave one to everyone
in the neighborhood for Christmas;
aunts, brothers, sisters, children, friends.
With the following note:
They are too good to be true.
There’s got to be a catch.
I’ve never had so much fun cleaning.
I wipe off pictures with glass over them
that I have dusted but never figured out
exactly how to clean without taking a chance
on water damage;
clean shower doors that have never been cleaned;
mirrors, windows, TV and computer screens, light switches—.
Everything sparkles
  Oh, and it does a marvelous job on the floors.
 They haven’t been so shinny since they were new.
I want to share them with everyone.
It doesn’t take much to be converted.
I am thrilled.
Also, the ebony Baby Grand Piano
that has always been an enigma.
Once a year I put lemon oil on it to clean it
but it’s not supposed to have oil;
it doesn’t soak in.
It has never looked so grand.
Eyeglasses, fans, antique lamp, glass table top;
popcorn popper; countertops, shower  walls, sinks, tub;
chrome will glisten.
 There is no end.
Lights!
The cloth that changed my life!
We also bought the Ultimate Mop.

With the January rain and thaw
Gnocchi tracks mud into the house
Each and every time he wanders in.
“Come on in, Gnocchi,” I say gleefully,
“track up my floor so I can use my new mop.”

No comments: