Thursday, January 13, 2011

CLOSE


A friend told me another friend’s husband had died.
She read it in the newspaper;
Even cut it out.
But she threw it away because she thought I would know.
I was devastated. 
Not so much for the one who died;
But for my friend who would miss him so much.
He also would be suffering with the separation.
When we got home, still heavy at heart,
I tried to find something on the Internet.
Nothing in the obituaries;
I held out hope.
But she had cut it out. . .
Early this morning my husband told me
We had a call from my friend.
“She said that at midnight she got it straightened out.
It was his 90th Birthday announcement; not his obituary
That she cut out.”
Oh!  Thank heavens!
I couldn’t quite believe it.
I was so elated to hear it wasn’t so!
I would much rather go to his 90th Birthday Celebration
Than his funeral!
HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY, FRIEND!!!

No comments: