Sunday, January 23, 2011

MEDITATION THOUGHTS

DeRay
I forgive you
(for nonchalantly watching TV during my crisis -
you do so much for me daily)
Amy
I forgive you
(for not picking up clothes or dishes -
you enrich my life in profound ways)
Eddy
I love you,
Will you forgive me?

1 comment:

JJ said...

Until this came into my consciousness, I didn’t even know I still blamed myself for Eddy’s limited life. I don’t know how to make babies with all the complex cells and nervous system, blood flow, bones, muscles, brain and all, how could I be to blame? If we are grateful to God for two eyes, then if we don’t have two eyes, we have to blame God. I don’t blame God. It just happens. It’s not my fault, it’s not DeRay’s fault, it’s not God’s fault. We haven’t abused our bodies with drugs, alcohol, tobacco; we’ve always eaten healthy; exercised. I don’t know why all babies are not born perfectly; I don’t know why some struggle so much. I especially don’t know how to fix it. I only know to do the best we can with what we’ve got, as Margaritte at the gym used to say.