Trying to remember the dream I was having as I awakened
Withering in pain.
I could remember the part about why I was suing the LDS Church
But I couldn’t remember why I was suing the State of Utah.
Think. Think. Think.
Go over again why I’m suing the Church.
Because they advocate big families.
If my devout parents had only had four children
I wouldn’t have been born;
And wouldn’t be in excruciating pain, even in my sleep
From a pinched nerve C5-6 vertebrae
Shooting sharp pains down my left shoulder and arm.
No relief; no matter which way I twist or turn.
No amount of heat or ice reprieves.
In my dream I even thought of suing
the descendents of Scottish scientist
and Nobel laureate Alexander Fleming;
who is attributed with discovering penicillin.
Two weeks after my marriage I surely would have died
If not for antibiotics curing an acute kidney infection.
I definitely would not be suffering now.
My rational mind cannot come up with a motive
To sue the State of Utah
Except they are the home of the Mormons
Who encouraged my parents to have a big family.
Utah has the highest birth rate
and largest families in the country.
Utah has the highest birth rate
and largest families in the country.
Companion to a painful pinched nerve
Is yet another outbreak of Staph infection
With a fresh nest of sores each morning
To torment and antagonize me;
Again passing the infection onto Eddy.
Why should he have to suffer?
If I hadn’t been born;
He wouldn’t have been born.
YES!
I think I have enough evidence to sue.
(with apologies to my younger brother & sisters and children & grandchildren.)
DO I WATCH TOO MANY BOSTON LEGAL RERUNS?
4 comments:
Oh, Grandma. . .
Can I help what I dream?
Does,t work for me.
What I think the dream is saying is that if I hadn't been born or had died early on, I would not be experiencing this pain, would I? How could I expect my granddaughter to understand that?
Post a Comment