Sunday, August 28, 2011

A PLACE

When one person is sick;
The whole household is sick.
Especially the spouse.
With everyone sick,
  The house is sick;
  The yard is sick;
  The garden neglected;
  Weeds take over.
How totally our environs
Depend on us for preservation.
Deepak Chopra says, “There exists in every person a place that is free from disease, that never feels pain, that cannot age or die.” 
I want to find that place; for myself, my family, my house, and my yard.
Two months later: 
Now I’m the spouse.
Is it easier to be sick?
DeRay has shingles.
Agonizing.
Tell me again,
Where is that place
   that is free from disease,
   that never feels pain,
   that cannot age or die?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

you ok?

Charmaine Anderson said...

This is so true! My husband and I are both on the injured list right now but we are trying to act like we are not. It works intermittently. Be WELL!