Friday, August 26, 2011

MY MEDICAL MANIFESTO

I don’t quite trust doctors
If they prescribe drugs and/or surgery
Indiscriminately.
I don’t quite trust exercise and yoga
Because shoulder stands and chin locks
May have caused a herniated disc in my neck.
I don’t quite trust alternative medicine
Because it’s just too weird and
Not covered by insurance.

All have helped—a lot;
Some have hurt—a lot;
Body, heal thyself.

This I believe:
I believe in Jacuzzi Jets.
I believe in Sauna Infrared rays.
I believe in ice packs.
I believe in heating pads.
I believe in my adult recumbent trike.
I believe in the vibrator.
I believe in swimming except when my neck, shoulder blade and arm hurt.
I believe in the Urban Rebounder when it snows.
I believe in time.
I believe in hope.
I believe in God,  
I trust in His infinite wisdom and mercy;
I believe in healing.
I believe there is joy at the core of my being.
I believe it is my spiritual heritage;
A gift from God.

1 comment:

Charmaine Anderson said...

It is nice to "believe" It is the only thing that gets us through when we have ongoing illness. I wrote something last months about my health that I am going to send you.