Puerto
Caldera, COSTA RICA.
5:33 am Local
Pilot Onboard.
6:14 am
Arrival Puerto Caldera.
12
noon SSW light breeze, clear skies, harbor conditions 78 degrees F.
When I woke up
a little after 6,
people were
boarding busses already.
After stretches
I went up on 6 to see what I was missing.
DeRay actually
got off the ship to talk to the tour guides.
He decided
there was no rush.
We went to the
Lido for breakfast then ventured out.
Expensive for
a tour. $35/person.
“For you, if
you don’t tell anyone, $30/person.”
Too much.
$20 each to
ride a taxi into town.
$15 per person
one way.
We finally
took what they pledged was the last van @ $20 each.
| A new super highway. |
Ha.
Victor Hugo.
I told him he
must be a pretty busy guy
writing novels
and being a tour guide too.
I doubt he had
the foggiest notion what I was talking about.
He took us to
the rainforest
but mainly he
stopped at the hotels he probably had a contract with.
We bought a
coconut chime set $12 and a cup $7 for Amy.
| I have a fetish for taking pictures of clothes hanging on a line. |
| There's always the poor and the rich among us. |
| Now we know where chocolate comes from. |
After the rainforest,
he planned to
just go straight back to the cruise ship
since he’d
fulfilled his obligation to the merchants.
“Crocodiles,”
I remind him in my best English.
He reluctantly
stopped at the bridge.
He told me I
was the only one who wanted to stop;
nevertheless, everyone
except DeRay and Ed got out
and walked
across the bridge to see the ferocious creatures.
To commemorate,
we bought a wooden crocodile
that wiggles
when you touch it
for $5
from a kid who
wouldn’t give up.
Business was
slow that day.
Old people don’t
need anything
and we were
the only cruise ship in the harbor.
| Where's Bryan and Rachel? |
5½ million people
in Costa Rica; high literacy rate.
Now we’ve set
foot on Central American soil!
2:17
pm Vessel undocked, departing Puerto Caldera.
No comments:
Post a Comment