Friday, November 9, 2012

Puerta Vallarta Panama Canal Cruise 10



 7 am Local Pilot Onboard;
7:50 am Arrival Puerto Vallarta, Mexico;
12 noon SW gentle breeze, clear skies, harbor conditions 79 degrees F;


At Puerta Vallarta,
I watch people get off the cruise ship
and climb directly on a little sight-seeing boat,
a catamaran or some other type of floating apparatus.
They wave to us.
Why would you want to sail when you’ve been sailing for two weeks?
They pay $169 each for that?
Doesn’t look fun to me.

Getting off the ship,
we walk through the flea market to the beach.
DeRay and Ed didn’t want to go down the stairs
so I walk the beach alone—
the one Brent showed me when we were here in January.
He walked four miles along it all the way from town.
Lovely.

No one there to take my picture so I take my own.  Does this prove I went back to the beach Brent found?
A family beach activity.
Don't worry, son, the life-guard in the forefront to the rescue!
Reminds me of my granddaughters' hair--am I getting homesick?
Jerry, Lana, DeRay and Ed are still at the flea market when I return.
I want to buy a brightly colored metallic sun or toad
for our St. George house but DeRay's not interested.
He bought himself 3 more T-shirts at $5 each.
He’s got 30 T-shirts at home that
Brent and Jan have given him from their bicycle business.
I think I need a decoration more than he needs T-shirts.
He also bought some vanilla.
It’s like 94 degrees  90% humidity
so we were glad to get back on board.
The main tourist attraction although Madi says "prices no better". Walmart also.
Lunch in Lido,
then we watched the launch,
our last one, as Ed points out.

Local pilot going back to shore.

  Our trip is winding down.
1:52 pm Vessel undocked, departing Puerto Vallarta.

No comments: