I mentioned that there are
no children on this cruise.
Only old folks.
“I see all the couples
walking around out on the deck holding hands,”
I report to DeRay.
“Really. All those old
geezers?”
“Yes.”
“Well, maybe they’re
holding each other up,” he quips.
| Just had to add this one for good measure. |
Ed and I went
to the Showroom to be entertained
by Vivienne
& The HALCats.
We enjoyed
watching all the fat people dance.
I wished I had
my camera.
I never went
anywhere without it again.
Old people are a distinctive
society unto themselves.
The guy next to me in the
Showroom,
takes out his hearing aids
and sets them on the
cocktail table in front of him.
I anxiously await the
teeth coming out next.
| That's mine and Eddy's feet just watching the pot bellies pass by. |
| This woman from Canada broke her leg swatting a fly two weeks before the cruise. |
Wheelchairs, electric
carts, canes, and walkers aplenty.
| Off to gamble. Here's a fashion statement for you. That's her hair--not a hat! Bathing beauties, old people style, are slightly different than young people. |
| I couldn't resist. I'm mean I know. |
| That slender one on the right side in the orange shirt is the Cruise Director, Anthony. |
| The day we went through the canal, all you had to do was jump in the pool and you received a certificate saying you swam across the Panama Canal. And that’s why we didn’t go swimming! |
| This is the way the pools usually look--empty. Especially empty when the seas are rough and the water is splashing out! Old arthritic folks can jitterbug. You better believe it. |
| This woman is from Salt Lake City. She didn't miss a dance. Crow's Nest. |
| This was "The World's Largest Cruise Sale" International Ball |
| This picture was taken in the Crow's Nest at the Tropical White Party with Vivienne & The HALCats. |
And that’s why we didn’t
dance.
You gotta love ‘em,
I mean “us”.
2 comments:
What I want to know is since you did not dance with them, did you swim across the Panama Canal with the old, the lame, and the fat?
Didn't you see me? I'm the one sitting alone . . .We took our swimsuits but didn't put them on once to spare everyone.
Post a Comment