Sunday, August 25, 2013

Quotes and Things


If you don’t walk as most people do
Some people walk away from you
But I won’t! I won’t!
If you don’t talk as most people do
Some people talk and laugh at you
But I won’t! I won’t!
I’ll walk with you
I’ll talk with you
That’s how I’ll show my love for you. 
---Carol Lynn Pearson

Quotes and things mostly from Deepak Chopra:

Think about patience, compassion, love and kindness.  Just the words elicit hope.

I will see the world in me not me in the world.
I am not in the world the world is in me.
I am not in the body the body is in me.
I am not in the mind the mind is in me.

If we don’t know or don’t pay attention to what we want,
we are unlikely to bring into our reality.

Make sure that not one word that comes out of your mouth,
has the ability to hurt someone.

Think only that the purpose of speech is to create bliss in your listener.
Listen carefully and when you open your mouth to speak only say things that are nurturing and healing and loving and affectionate.

I want to be happy today.
I have every right to be happy.
Happiness is my natural birthright.
I will be happy today.
I want to be kind and compassionate today.
I will be kind today;
I will be kind and compassionate today.
This will make happiness for me and for others.

No Need to Worry
I guess you don't need to worry if you can handle the problem.   Just do it and the problem is solved.
How can you also embrace the idea that if there is no way or a solution to the problem, there is nothing to be worried about?  If there is nothing to be done, you don't need to worry because you can't do a thing about it.

Who we really are is eternal and unbounded. Our true self is pure love and pure spirit. 

While our ego-mind may feel isolated and separate, our essential nature is whole and inextricably connected to the universe. Therefore, our journey towards miraculous relationships isn’t about searching for anything outside of ourselves: It’s about discovering that love is already within us, and expressing it in all of our relationships.

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." —Thich Nhat Hanh

Begin today by putting your attention on your heart. Take time to connect with and feel how much your soul wants you to know that you are loved and appreciated. Look into your own eyes and see your timelessness. See everything—the joy, sadness, compassion, playfulness, and wisdom. You contain everything. You are whole. Each time you find yourself in front of a mirror today take a moment to witness yourself. As you look deeply into your own eyes, hold all aspects of yourself in loving awareness, silently repeat these words three times, “I see you, I accept you, I love you.”

Looking into the Mirror
The world is my mirror.
The good you find in others, is in you too.
The faults you find in others, are your faults as well.
After all, to recognize something you must know it.
The possibilities you see in others, are possible for you as well.
The beauty you see around you, is your beauty.
The world around you is a reflection, a mirror
showing you the person you are.
To change your world, you must change yourself.
To blame and complain will only make matters worse.
Whatever you care about, is your responsibility.
What you see in others, shows you yourself.
See the best in others, and you will be your best.
Give to others, and you give to yourself.
Appreciate beauty, and you will be beautiful.
Admire creativity, and you will be creative.
Love, and you will be loved.
Seek to understand, and you will be understood.
Listen, and your voice will be heard.
Show your best face to the mirror, and you'll be happy
With the face looking back at you.
- Unknown source

 “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." —Mother Teresa

Before you speak, ask yourself these four questions:  
Is what I’m about to say kind?
It is true?
Is it necessary?
Does it improve upon the silence?
If you can answer yes to all four questions, then your words will resonate with authenticity and love.

“The world changes when we change. The world softens when we soften. The world loves us when we choose to love the world.” —Marianne Williamson

Compassion is the divine expression of love.

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. " —Eleanor Roosevelt

With the realization that we already have everything we need and desire, we give up the exhausting search to find that person or situation or achievement to make us feel whole. We stop waiting for someone to complete us and open to the love that is right here, right now, in our own heart.  And, from that boundless well of spirit, we are free to share the deepest experience of love with the people in our lives. 

Begin to write your own love story today by treating yourself as the most precious being in the universe.

The world is our classroom and teacher.
Provided we view ourselves with love, acceptance, and without judgment.
Let go of who we were yesterday and grow into our greatest potential.

"I like life. It's something to do."-- Ronnie Shakes

No comments: