Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas Eve fun with Carol & Melissa



Carol told Amy that we missed her putting the puzzle together on Christmas Eve.
Of course, she forgot to mention that I put the last piece in! She worked on it all evening with Melissa helping at the end. One piece was missing. I found it on the floor Christmas morning and put it in! Who says I'm not good at puzzles?

Forgot to get a picture of the turkey. Will the scraps do? OK, it's not the same.
This year only one stocking hung by the chimney with care.
Sparse. 


I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten
and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white.--Irving Berlin

Christmas morn - a blanket of new snow.
  



  

  
 Meanwhile, Amy is back in snowless Maine celebrating Christmas, her birthday and New Year's Eve; riding her bike, watercoloring, cooking with K'Leena.





Watercolor

Spring Rolls

I wanted to get a picture of everyone lined up youngest to oldest to see what Santa brought, but one didn't seem like much of a line; especially compared to eight of us when I was growing up.
Hugh children at Christmas 1975
Pretty quiet at our house, eh Ed? 
If only there were sunglasses somewhere around here, Christmas would be complete.


Ah-ha!
Afternoon family visit.
Klarissa's Roxys.

Eighteen years old today at this very moment.
Yea Isaak!

Isaak Brooke Hugh born December 25, 1997
  

Brigitte's Roxys.

What do you expect? Karlton woke up at 4:30 AM.
Brigitte, being in college, is used to sleep deprivation.
She's also Relief Society President in her student ward.
  
Full moon for Christmas. Hasn't happened for nearly 40 years.
Courtesy of Jan and FOX4 News Kansas City

Shirts with the five of them "2015 World Champions" --Kansas City Royals, you know-- (they live within walking distance of the Stadium--especially if you walk on the railroad tracks); and a clock with Amanda and me hiking at Duck Creek, from our Raytown family. We visited with them on the phone while opening gifts.

Finally got DeRay to smile.

Brent also sent this non-fiction book, written by a Kaysville son. He actually graduated with Jeanne. After Brooke mentioned it, I remembered the news story--about 30 years ago.
   And back in Missouri on Christmas day . . .
Is this your favorite gift, Jan?
Tall guy.

Jonathan, Amanda, & Naomi


Santa Claus no less!
Treasures from Brooke and Elizabeth.

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks you for letting us be a part of your celebrations!!! It was a wonderful evening!