I have learned that
the older you get
the more like yourself you become;
the older you get
the more like yourself you become;
The more your DNA kicks in;
The more your authentic self emerges.
You become what you were meant to be.
Cai gets more Danish;
Spending more time in Denmark;
Speaking more Danish;
And things like that.
DeRay's dresser & floor.
My dresser.
DeRay's drawer.
We neither one have managed to change the other.
Only becoming more of what we were destined to be.
Yes, of course,
he handles all the business,
solves all the problems,
figures everything out,
earns the money,
does all the grocery shopping,
vacation planning,
and gardening.
But that's another blog.
And his dresser isn't always this messy,
although he would be perfectly happy
if it were.
although he would be perfectly happy
if it were.
No retribution, DeRay.
2 comments:
This is great Jeanette and so true. I think our generation is more accepting of the quirky ways of our partner. I miss seeing everyone and especially of hearing and writing stories. My life has been a bit complicated this past year with two foot surgeries and spending a lot of time in St. George. Our best friends moved there and we bought a lot and it looks like we will be getting our house ready to sell in the next few months. I would like us to get together again this summer. My email :cloud setting is messed up and I can't send any group e-mails so as soon as I get it fixed I will try to contact everyone to see if they still want to spend a morning together. You are good to keep your blog up...mine is suffering.
too cute...
and sometimes you can't escape your heritage...
Post a Comment