At the BBQ to celebrate Isaak's graduation
with High Honors from Davis High School,
I told Isaak I would like to get a picture
of him with all his grandparents.
(Technically,
Isaak only has one grandma and one grandpa
and an oma and an opa.
His oma was born and raised in Austria.)
"I had no grandparents at my high school graduation,"
I lament.
The fact of the matter is,
two of my grandparents
died six years before I was born.
Grandpa Esplin died three months after I was born
and Grandma Heaton died six months later.
It probably didn't mean a thing to Isaak
It probably didn't mean a thing to Isaak
to have a graduation picture with his grandparents.
We've always been around.
Opa, Oma Fitzgerald; Isaak Hugh; Grandma, Grandpa Hugh
Grandma Esplin making soap.
Grandma Esplin
Emily Alvira Hoyt Esplin
Emily Alvira Hoyt Esplin
Grandpa Esplin
John James Esplin
John James Esplin
Grandma & Grandpa Heaton
Jonathan Heaton and
Lucy Elizabeth Carroll Heaton
Jonathan Heaton and
Lucy Elizabeth Carroll Heaton
Grandma and Grandpa Heaton -
more casual.
more casual.
Grandma Heaton holding a grandchild (not me)
This is the only picture I got of Isaak at graduation.
He took a bow just as I snapped a picture
of his image on the scoreboard.
Here's Isaak!
The student speakers paid tribute
to the community,
to the faculty,
to friends,
to classmates,
and to the family.
Julie Tanner from the Board of Education
talked about listening to and honoring family stories
to help you understand where you've been
and where you're going.
Isaak lauded the student speakers.
He was on Senior Committee and knew them all personally.
He thought the Board of Education woman
was weird. They all grew restless.
I was so pleased to hear her value family stories
and I hoped all the young people were listening.

Here's Isaak!
The student speakers paid tribute
to the community,
to the faculty,
to friends,
to classmates,
and to the family.
Julie Tanner from the Board of Education
talked about listening to and honoring family stories
to help you understand where you've been
and where you're going.
Isaak lauded the student speakers.
He was on Senior Committee and knew them all personally.
He thought the Board of Education woman
was weird. They all grew restless.
I was so pleased to hear her value family stories
and I hoped all the young people were listening.
Another difference:
I graduated with a class of 13;
Isaak graduated with 781
(according to my unofficial count).
CONGRATULATIONS ISAAK!
Best Wishes on your mission:
Tucson AZ
July 20
(according to my unofficial count).
CONGRATULATIONS ISAAK!
Best Wishes on your mission:
Tucson AZ
July 20




1 comment:
Congratulations Isaak!
and way to be there Grandma!
Post a Comment