The sprinkler leaked under the driveway. DeRay pondered how to fix it. He could put boards over a pipe to drive over. In the end, he decided to get bids to replace the driveway. The guy right here in Fruit Heights could never find time to come over. A guy from South Jordan came out the next morning; a contractor from Farmington came in the afternoon. Their bids were very close. The Farmington guy said he uses a microfiber for strength and always seals. Trouble is, he can't get to it for a month. The South Jordan Tongan could do it tomorrow, using the fiber and sealant. Tomorrow? SOLD. They were here before 8 AM tearing out the concrete. He did charge us $200 extra for the sealing but they were so careful we didn't mind too much. They invited DeRay to share a crab salad sandwich for breakfast and offered him a Big Mac and coke for lunch. It's hard work to stand and watch. We were all totally worn out by day's end.
Where do ants go when their home is destroyed?
Amy's intrepid Visiting Teachers somehow climbed up on the porch
and rang the doorbell.
How did they get down?
I hope they weren't wearing stylish stilettos.
I hope they weren't wearing stylish stilettos.
DeRay crawled out of bed and checked Gephardt - APPROVED. Reviews were mainly positive.
He went back to bed and slept soundly.
While riding my trike, I ran onto them coming into town the next morning.
They waved wildly.
Leveling; forming. They are ready to pour by 11.
They waved wildly.
Leveling; forming. They are ready to pour by 11.
Watching them efficiently and expediently pour concrete is as exciting as going through the Panama Canal. We are transfixed.
We are as tired by evening as if we'd done all the work ourselves.
It's not a good day for cats.
They got new play treats.
They are round and roll so they have to chase them.
Even though both cat are approximately the same age,
Pancake is like a kitten chasing after the treats
while Gnocchi is like an old man
who can't hear, see, or smell.

Even though both cat are approximately the same age,
Pancake is like a kitten chasing after the treats
while Gnocchi is like an old man
who can't hear, see, or smell.
For the first time this year,
I pull weeds in the garden.
The ground is just the right wet and
I can't resist.
I also cut the spinach, Swiss chard, and kale.
I also cut the spinach, Swiss chard, and kale.
A killer for knees.
I hobbled around for the rest of the day like an old approaching 80-year-old woman.*
I hobbled around for the rest of the day like an old approaching 80-year-old woman.*
DeRay has set up, planted, transplanted, and weeded the entire garden alone.
He goes out each evening until dark.
DeRay's artwork in protecting the day's labor.
It won't be long.
Photos by Amy and Jeanette
Photos by Amy and Jeanette
*Whenever I say I can't remember something
or have forgotten something
or can't do something
Eddy says:
"That's because you're approaching 80."




































4 comments:
The new steps, sidewalk, and driveway look great. Did you get any tracks, or signatures in it? How long do you need to wait to park a car on it?
It looks amazing!! I'm so glad you were able to get it done so fast!
I thought we should put our tiny footprints in the concrete but Amy vetoed it. We are walking on it today as DeRay is trying to get the sprinkling system going. Isaak came at 7, then a nice neighbor, Brother Johnson, helped them all morning. It was cool until noon.
You can't drive on it for a week at least.
YA!!!! for walking on it...when can you park on it! LOVE ALL the photos
Post a Comment