Maybe I’m just suspicious
But what would you think?
Our Relief Society is way too organized
And way too perfectionistic
To call someone just two weeks before
The Christmas social to ask them
To participate.
My goodness, when they asked me
To demonstrate something from the garden
On “Bon Appetit” night
They asked me three months ahead
Checking with me regularly to make sure
I’m meeting their expectations.
The Christmas Social is the highlight of the year.
Just this morning, Kathi called to ask
If I would do my “little thing”,
“I like to call it a Christmas card,”
she chuckled.
It started out years ago as my annual
Despised Christmas letter.
It has evolved until last year,
I entitled it a sermon.
Perhaps they didn’t like it,
Down-sizing it to my “little thing.”
“Shanel (our neighbor on the committee)
said you might not be here,”
Kathi continued.
Ed had told her
That we are going on a cruise.
“When is the social?”
“December 8th.”
“We’ll be gone.”
I wonder if when they ascertained
That we definitely would
be gone,
They concluded
“What will it cost to ask her
Since she won’t be here?”
What would you think?
Smart
On their part.
It worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment