Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mama

Amy H, Esplin, Orderville Post Master for over 20 years.
I dreamed about Mama the other night.  I haven’t dreamed about her for a long time and this was so real.  Ed had been sick that day and somehow I always think Mama is going to come for him.  I thought I felt her presence.  Maybe that’s why she was on my mind.  In my dream, I first saw Mama in a yoga class.  I was surprised she was there.  I didn’t know she did yoga.  “Oh, yes,” she assured me, “I even take an evening class.”  We needed to pick up mats and find our place.  By the time we got through talking, all the spots were gone.  I now didn’t know where we would put down our mats.  I remember thinking how wonderful it was to do yoga with my mother.  Amy has done yoga with her mother but I have never done yoga with my mother.  I savored the feeling.  Sometimes it was at the gym in Ogden; sometimes it was at Bryce where Amy and I did yoga at the Winter Festival.  Lovely.

No comments: