Wednesday, November 17, 2010

SNOWBIRD 2

THE WORRIER
September 25, 2010
 It took me clear
until Thursday to calm down,
to rejuvenate, to rejoice.
I’m still a bit up in the air
but I feel a change coming over me.
I can’t seem to put in sequence
the slightest responsibilities
and deal with them one at a time.
I’m afraid
·   I won’t make it (to some scheduled event);
·   I’ll be late.
·   we won’t have enough food;
·   we’ll have too much food.
·   we will run out of clean clothes;
·   we brought too many clothes.
·   I’ll finish my book and won’t have anything to read.
·   I’ll never finish it.
I
·   Can’t wait to get home;
·   Dread getting home and back to routine
This worrying illness is
Debilitating.

RIDDLE
The week we were in sunny St. George
I got no tan at all.
The week we were at Snowbird 9000 feet;
I got a beautiful tan.
Why?
Give up?
In St. George, I went swimming at 7 AM
Before the sun came up;
At Snowbird I went swimming at 9 AM
in full sun.

No comments: