Thursday, April 14, 2016

Honoring, Sustaining, and Obeying the Law

I think it is a State Law
That women have a 10 minute break
every four hours of work.
Everyplace I worked
gave us a 15 minute break every four hours.
So when we‘re at home,
why don’t we honor this law?
Even now, approaching 80 years old,
I get up around 6:45
(or 7:20)
Do  yoga stretches,
Ride my trike,
Fix breakfast, do dishes,
Make beds.
Sometimes vacuum, sometimes mop,
Sometimes do laundry.
Rush to the gym to swim.
Fix lunch.
Do dishes.
By now, it’s 2 PM and I wonder why I’m tired.
Where was my 15 minute break every four hours?
It’s the law.

Borrowed from Facebook.
I don't have MS,
but two-bits says my body still needs restoring.

2 comments:

desplingca said...

Rest, rest, rest to the weary!

Melissa said...

you deserve your breaks! TAKE THEM!