They came at 7:20; took the old fridge out;
the new one in and left by 8:20 PM
Photo by DeRay
They came at 7:20 last night to deliver the new fridge. They were supposed to come the day before but too late we found out they had the wrong name, the wrong phone number, and when they tried to charge it on the credit card it had a fraud alert. The reason it had a fraud alert was because after DeRay charged it on the credit card on Monday, we got a call from American Express saying someone in Nevada was charging $200 for play tickets; someone in New Hampshire was charging $15 at a hardware store; and someone at Lowe's charged $10. The only thing we've purchased at Lowe's in the past few years was the fridge on Monday. So they cancelled the credit card and are sending a new one. I think the clerk was a crook but DeRay thinks his account was hacked. So why wasn't the clerk to work last night when DeRay went down to see why they didn't deliver the fridge?
Why do we need a new fridge in the basement? The other one was only four years old. Because while I was in Cedar City with my sisters, DeRay decided to surprise me and put a latch on the freezer door that was always swinging open. While trying to move it out to work on it, he ruined the coils on the bottom with the hand truck. But we didn't know this until Amy came up on Sunday and said the fridge wasn't working - six days later.
Ed and I went ahead and went to church while DeRay and Amy emptied the expired fridge. While they were transferring what they could salvage to the fridge upstairs, they noticed it was raining in the kitchen. By morning, Amy said there was a gallon of water in the middle of the kitchen floor. She mopped it up and we ignored it as we have a tendency to do in our old age. At 1 AM DeRay came up and asked if I'd help mop up the kitchen. "There's water everywhere." I had left the water on a dribble for Gnocchi, the cat, who loves a fresh drink of water from the tap and I forgot to turn it off. So now we know, it's the bathroom sink. DeRay still hasn't figured out how to solve the problem. It wasn't put together right when the plumber put in a new sink a year or two ago. We wash our hands in Ed's bathroom which greatly irritates him. He claims his bathroom is for him and guests only.Why do we need a new fridge in the basement? The other one was only four years old. Because while I was in Cedar City with my sisters, DeRay decided to surprise me and put a latch on the freezer door that was always swinging open. While trying to move it out to work on it, he ruined the coils on the bottom with the hand truck. But we didn't know this until Amy came up on Sunday and said the fridge wasn't working - six days later.
And then DeRay discovered the small freezer out in the garage was turned off. When we came home from Cedar City, Verla's tire was low so I was trying to plug in the air pump and accidentally unplugged the fridge. Four days later we noticed.
I'm not sure we're responsible home owners anymore.
I haven't even been down to see the new fridge. I'm afraid the basement will be flooded.
Now for the Good News: We smoked the thawed turkey. Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment