Just as I start out on my trike ride on a quiet
Saturday morning, a guy in a black car driving down Raymond stops, back up,
turns in our circle, stops, gets out of his car and walks over to me. “Do you
know anyone who wants to buy a bike that looks like yours only with two
wheels?” It took me a couple of minutes to realize he was talking about a
recumbent bike.
How would I know anyone?
"Have you tried KSL.com or Craig's List?"
"I checked the Biker's List and they suggested I try to sell it for $800. I listed it for $600 and was offered $200. I'd rather hang it in the garage than give it away."
"Have you tried KSL.com or Craig's List?"
"I checked the Biker's List and they suggested I try to sell it for $800. I listed it for $600 and was offered $200. I'd rather hang it in the garage than give it away."
Pray tell, what’s he doing driving around our neighborhood
at 7:15 AM on a Saturday morning? All roads lead to nowhere (except to private homes).
He told me he lives down by the high school. Then a
few minutes later, he asked me where Green Road is. “You live by the high
school and don’t know where Green Road is?” “Well, I’m not really from here.
I’m from Salt Lake.”
Fortuitously, about
then, the Allreds walk down Raymond with a greeting and a wave. Divine intervention? Saving me from certain abduction?
I told him how to get to Green Road but he passed right by and went on up the street. When I reached the corner of Raymond and Country Lane, he was back there. He did turn on the right street this time but really what was he doing?
I told him how to get to Green Road but he passed right by and went on up the street. When I reached the corner of Raymond and Country Lane, he was back there. He did turn on the right street this time but really what was he doing?
These are uncertain times. I was a little nervous
for Ed to go out alone.
1 comment:
ummm, that's a little iffy...
keep your garage locked and your bikes out of view.....
Post a Comment