When I read something I
agree with totally, I don’t mind quoting verbatim. Especially when they say it
better than I can. And double especially when it’s a man defending truth,
common sense, and equality for all.
I find the fact
that the LDS Church is considering revoking a woman’s temple recommend for
breastfeeding her child in her local wardhouse ridiculous. Apparently,
it's totally fine with members of the LDS Church to support a bigoted, narcissistic,
pathological liar, a documented womanizer who makes disparaging comments about
women and what he feels he can do to them and their bodies. I have to wonder
why it’s OK to tolerate such unchristian behavior yet become unglued at the
sight of a mother nursing her child and a woman’s breast.
I also wonder, if
the president of the church or any of the hierarchy happened to make the same
kind of remarks our so-called president had made regarding women, would it be
brushed off as just typical locker room talk, yet a woman nursing in public is
downright disgusting? The hypocrisy burns.--Randy Steal, Holladay
So Far: 4229 Lies and Misleading Statements
It’s
interesting to see how far one’s moral compass will stray when there are no
consequences. These lies are the result of no one willing to stand up
and say no, no one willing to tell the President of the United States that his
actions are harmful and demeaning to the office. Donald Trump, according
to The Washington Post, has told 4229 lies or misleading statements in 558 days
in office, or an average of 7.6 a day. From The Post: When we first
started this project for the president’s first 100 days, he averaged 4.9
claims a day. But the average number of claims per day keeps climbing the
longer Trump stays in office. In fact, in June and July, the president averaged
16 claims a day.
Put
another way: In his first year as president, Trump made 2,140 false or
misleading claims. Now, just six months later, he has almost doubled that
total.
On July 5th, he had a
whopper of a day with 79 lies.
In 558 days, President Trump has told 4,229 lies:
• 2,140 in year one
• 2,089 since Jan. 20
• 1,293 about the economy
• 538 about immigration
• 378 about Russia
• 79 on July 5, 2018 alone
• 60 about NATO spending
• 7.6 lies per day
• 2,140 in year one
• 2,089 since Jan. 20
• 1,293 about the economy
• 538 about immigration
• 378 about Russia
• 79 on July 5, 2018 alone
• 60 about NATO spending
• 7.6 lies per day
Reader’s
Comments:
Edwin
Castro:
“It’s
very tough, because it’s an island. In Texas, we can ship the trucks right out
there. And you know, we’ve gotten A-pluses on Texas and on Florida, and we will
also on Puerto Rico. But the difference is, this is an island sitting in the
middle of an ocean. And it’s a big ocean; it’s a very big ocean. And we’re
doing a really good job.”
"Nobody
knew health care could be so complicated."
"I
know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me."
"When
you're a star, they let you do it. Grab em by the p***y, you can do
anything."
"I
could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any
votes."
“I
know words. I have the best words.”
“I
think there is blame on both sides.”
“He’s
not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who
weren’t captured.”
“She
gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You know,
you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her
wherever. In my opinion, she was off base."
“I
alone can fix it.”
This is the character of the current
president. Character matters. Integrity matters. Humility matters. This is
someone who can’t place the country’s needs before his own. He doesn’t have the
temperament to lead nor the humility to realize that the job is too large for
any one person. Government requires compromise, patience, thoughtfulness and
adaptability: qualities he utterly lacks. He doesn’t read. He doesn’t study.
He’s incapable of reflection, of rigorous analysis of his thoughts or words to
determine the consequences of his actions. He’s profoundly and proudly
ignorant. Donald Trump is not strong, honest or honorable. He is not humble,
compassionate, caring or kind. He has none of these qualities. He never will.
He isn’t capable of it. Donald Trump is an aberration. He may have the title
but he should never be considered a leader.
Mary
Gould: For me his mocking a disabled reporter was the ultimate degradation. Oh,
I forgot cheating on a wife with a new baby. Hard to choose. We’ll have to
invent new adjectives to describe his behavior.
Jenn
Braithwaite: And the newest one "met the queen, in the UK, some call it
England, some call it Britain some call it great britian, I like England, great
place, the queen, some say I kept her waiting, I was early, but the fake news,
and you know who they are, they said I was late, I was early, and I saw the
kings and the queens guard, and I was early".
Lori
Dildine: Don’t forget he “likes war and knows more than the Generals about war”😡

No comments:
Post a Comment