Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Two Little Magic Words


Two Little Magic Words
 By Tex Ritter
There are two little magic words that can open any door with ease
One little word is "Thanks" and the other little word is "Please"
Oh you'll be surprised what those two little words can do
They work like a charm for me and they'll work like a charm for you

Now when you want the butter, say please pass the butter
Good manners are never out of style
And when you get the butter, the next thing you utter
Is "Thanks" with a great big sunny smile

Oh these two little magic words they can open any door with ease
One little word is "Thanks" and the other little word is "Please"

There are two little magic words that can open any door with ease
One little word is "Thanks" and the other little word is "Please"
A lot of folks forget to remember to be polite
They don't realize how good they would feel if they did what's right

No matter what you ask for, you get what you ask for
By showing good manners from the start
Say "Please" when you ask it, say "Thanks" when you get it
And say it from the bottom of your heart

Oh these two little magic words they can open any door with ease
One little word is
"Thanks" and the other little word is "Please"

I’m afraid, even though I tried hard, that this message didn’t take with my kids and in turn, the grandkids.
I don't understand, It seems like every day Miss Julie on Romper Room would sing:
There are two little magic words
That will open any door for me.
The first little word is "Thanks"
And the second little word is "Please".
After all these years, it still rattles around in my head frequently.
Other years, I have threatened them with “No more money” if you don’t call, write, or e-mail a simple “thanks”.  It didn’t stick.
This year, I had a secret contest going on with my children and grandchildren.  A hundred dollar bill for the first one to:
1.    Thank us for the birthday and/or Christmas money or other things without being told.
2.   Ask me how I’m feeling.
(I just threw that second one in because I was feeling sorry for myself or some other derangement. When it’s a secret, you have all sorts of options and flexibility.)
We still have the $100 bill.
Oh these two little magic words they can open any door with ease
One little word is
"Thanks" and the other little word is "Please"


No comments: