After the twins left,
and I had washed all the bedding,
I put the heirloom quilt
Grandma Heaton hand-pieced on
the bed in the guest room
to take a picture.
“You know,” I thought to myself,
“the cats don’t come in here anymore.
I think I’ll leave the treasured quilt on the bed
for a few days and enjoy it.”
for a few days and enjoy it.”
First time I come upstairs,
guess what two cats are planted firmly
in the middle of the bed?
Generally, they don’t share space.
One is one place
and one another,
But when it comes to an heirloom quilt,
the royal cats suddenly
can companionably sprawl together.
Of course,
I didn’t get a picture of them –
sneaky littler buggers -
as soon as they saw me,
they high-tailed it out of the room
like two thieves
in the night.
2 comments:
w/o a pic., it didn't happen.
typical cats.... the second you put out something you don't really want them on, they immediately claim it as their FAVORITE spot in the entire world...
Post a Comment