Amy had planned to go to Paris with friends but they were going onto Lebanon to a wedding. She didn't feel comfortable going to a country with visitors warnings so she invited her brother, Brent, to travel with her and go someplace else for the second leg of the journey. Because he has trouble walking and is wearing a boot, they got the bright idea to do a bike tour. Making reservations late, their first choice was filled up. They waited three weeks to hear if they were accepted on a longer trek. They flew into Munich, Germany, but mostly are doing the Danube Bike Trail from Passau to Budapest, Hungary. Just the two of them make the journey but the travel agency arranged for accommodations along the way and provided the bikes.
Glad I'm on the wrong continent for the great Fruit Heights flood of the century -...
looks good for kayak. Amy
looks good for kayak. Amy
We are celebrating our good planning of being on a different continent at the right moment. . .B
(when our basement was flooded again).
Solar panel throughout Germany.
A dip in the Danube. Unseasonably hot.
Traismauer, Austria
If you want a pick-me-up, hop on a kg scale--less than half your weight without going to the moon. There's one in our hotel room if you need it. You're welcome.
Brent writes: We left at 7:45 this morning and succeed at 9 pm. In between, bicycle museum, swimming, giant thunderstorm at the Melk Abbey, etc. 50 miles.
Amy's prime real estate series
Riding the Sahara--or so it felt.
![]() |
| Museum of Art Vienna |
Just 38 km today. Hurray. I can either operate the brakes or the camera. I usually opt for the camera as every tourist should.
Brent and I with our angelic glow.
Me holding up the abbey.
Morning tea sunscreen sheen.

Brent and I with our angelic glow.
Me holding up the abbey.
Morning tea sunscreen sheen.
| I miss Utah's Clean Air Act. |
![]() |
| Amy on train through Vienna Woods |

One week to go.
What adventures await?










































No comments:
Post a Comment