1. Anticipation
- Can’t wait to see them. It’s been too long.
2. Preparation.-
Clean, cook, arrange beds. Maybe even wash a window.
3. Adjusting –
Oops, someone’s in my space.
4. Enduring –
What to cook? What? You don’t like that either? Where did all the towels go?
Can somebody do something?
5. Relief – My
life back. Whew.
6. Anger –
Stripping beds, endless washing and vacuuming. I’m too old for this.
7. Missing
them like Crazy – Why didn’t I enjoy them more? I love them so much. It’s
painfully lonely now they are gone.
5 comments:
http://eyrealm.blogspot.com/
Some people have it all!
I think our grandchildren come into the wrong family.
Part of the problem is that we lost a generation; they should be our great grandchildren. 80-year-olds don't do sailing etc. normally.
I could go for the foot rubbing instead of clean-up!
hj, Good job! You've illustrated and displayed seven complex and often conflicting emotions with a happy starting and a happy ending. ld
THANKS DESPLINGCA. You cheer me.
In regards to the Grannie Camp - I doubt even in my younger days I could run a camp like that. Except for the foot rub bit. I'm still into that!
Post a Comment