Thursday, October 1, 2015

More Questions.

Even though my sister, Lucy, who died three years ago this coming January,
didn’t answer my questions the last time I asked,

nearly every day I think of more questions I want her to answer.
When I swim laps, I choose a member of my family to think about:
Children, siblings, grandchildren; born and unborn; here and there.
With each lap, by name, I think:
May you be happy.
May you be safe.
May you be healthy.
May you be peaceful.

When I lap for Lucy, I always ponder:
Is everyone in heaven happy?
Is there no sadness? No sorrow or grief?
No gloom? No regrets?
Is everyone safe?
Are there no accidents?  No calamities?  No disasters?
 No danger? No harm? No fear?
Is everyone healthy?
Is there no illness? No pain? No infections?
No viruses? No infirmity?
Is everyone peaceful?
No wars? No agitation?  No worry?  No distress?
No hatred? No violence?  No carnage?
Just wondering.


No comments: