"I love this time of night,"
Ed says every night at bedtime.
Me too.
I smile as I snuggle down in the covers,
Me too.
I smile as I snuggle down in the covers,
with my warm heating pad -
until images of the homeless
consume me.
no room, no house.
How can they sleep under the viaduct?
On the streets?
In window wells?
Especially refugee children
Day in and day out?
There is no "I love this time of night" for them.
There is no "I love this time of night" for them.
The average life expectancy
for a person
who is chronically homeless
is less than 60 years.
What do you do when the end
of life approaches,
when you don't have a home
to return to?
Join KUED, The INN Between,
KUER, Catholic Community Services of Utah
and the Salt Lake City
Public Library
as we follow the final
months and days of homeless residents
in a unique hospice
setting,
as they struggle to come to
terms with the end of their lives.
Shot in a raw and intimate
style,
"Homeless at the
End" tells the story of the final months and days
of homeless residents in a
unique hospice setting,
providing a poignant
account of the experience
of those in our community
who are medically frail,
and who have often been
forsaken
The film offers a rare
glimpse
into the lives of formerly
homeless people
as they struggle to come to
terms with the end of their lives,
and shows the need for a
greater understanding and compassion
for Utah’s terminally ill
homeless population
as they face the end of
life.







No comments:
Post a Comment